Garden to Market concluded its 2015 season at the Iron County Farmers Market annual meeting and dinner this past Saturday. Please enjoy our season’s highlights and pictures below. Thank you to all who were a part of Garden to Market this year!
2015 Season Highlights
- New vendor cart, benches, picnic tables, and bike racks from Northwoods Manufacturing
- New members – Hanna, Nicole, Raven, Shenoa, and Jazmin
- Awesome NEFSE interns – Jake and Rissa
- Planted 3 sisters garden at Iron County Farmers Market
- Field trip to Bad River and Ashland youth gardens, and Taiga Farm and Vineyards
- Helped at the Iron County Farmers Market booth at the Iron County Fair
- Overnight field trip to Milwaukee and Madison – Alice’s Garden, Growing Power, Dane County Farmers Market, UW gardens, and FEED Kitchen
- Increased market sales – 2013 totaled $151.44, 2014 totaled $124.71, and 2015 totaled $236 (including $7 WIC).
Upcoming 2016 Season
- Becoming a part of the Iron County 4-H club
- Continuing partnership with NEFSE
- Improving school garden (e.g., sturdier fencing)
- Potential partnership with Master Gardeners
~ Amy Nosal, AmeriCorps VISTA