Home composting- The Controlled Rotting and Recycling of your Lawn, Garden and Food Wastes
The video below is designed as an overview of composting for the home composter so that they can successfully recycle their lawn, garden and food wastes back into their environments. In this video, you will learn about compost and the different components of an efficient home composter.
Some keep points are:
- What is compost
- How does compost work in the environment
- What are “greens” and “browns” and how do they influence proper composting
- What goes into the composter and what doesn’t
- The importance of suitable moisture levels
- Composter design (active vs passive)
- Composter maintenance
- Troubleshooting poor composting
- Using your finished compost
Home composting is a great way to reduce the impact of lawn, garden and food wastes taking up landfill space and saves landowners money by recycling nutrients for use at home.
If you have any questions about this video, feel free to contact Extension Iron County Agriculture Educator, Darrin Kimbler at 715-561-2695 or email@example.com. Be sure to check out other informational videos in our Horticulture Educational Video Library!