For over 20 years UW-Extension’s Local Government Center
has been helping local government officials build their capacity to govern.
- 2020 Town Law Conference September 18, 2020We are pleased to announce that the annual Town Law Conference will go ahead as a Zoom distance learning event this year! The conference will be provided in two parts over two successive Fridays. Participants will have the option to attend the live webinar sessions online or via phone. Following the live events, registrants will […]
- County Board Restructuring Webinar September 16, 2020County Board Restructuring Webinar October 8, 2020 10:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. The 2021 Census and required redistricting provide an ideal opportunity for a County Board to consider whether restructuring their board size and board committees could facilitate governing efficiency and operations. Join us for an interactive webinar that provides information on the l […]
- 2020 Town and Village Workshops September 14, 2020Click here for programs in September and October 2020!
- Previous Local Government Center Programs for Purchase from 2020 August 11, 2020
- Recognizing the 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment August 11, 2020Extension Marathon County is recognizing the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment, granting women the right to vote, in August of 2020. Join us on August 18th to learn more about what it took to pass the Amendment, what has happened since 1920, and where we go from here: “The Next 100 […]
- Run For It July 31, 2020Thursday, October 1, 2020, from Noon to 1:30 pm Central Daylight Time This interactive, how-to webinar will provide practical strategies for encouraging new candidates to run for office and explain how to support them in their candidacy. Register in advance: go.wisc.edu/k09l6e Download flyer here
- Adjusting Your Allowable Levy Limit July 29, 2020Wednesday, August 19, 2020, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. During this session, Wisconsin Department of Revenue staff will walk through the available adjustments to your allowable levy limit, including reporting requirements on the Levy Limit Worksheet. We will be focusing on Secs. D and E of the Levy Limit Worksheet. This session will not include exceeding the […] […]
- Clean Groundwater and Well Water in Rural and Suburban Wisconsin Communities, Part 2 July 29, 2020Part 2 will take place on Thursday, September 24, 2020, 12:00 – 1:15 p.m. This program will identify the unique geological features predisposing Wisconsin communities to ground- and well water contamination. It will also describe the voluntary programs that communities and individuals may access through the Division of Extension to identify and mitigate gro […]
- Clean Groundwater and Well Water in Rural and Suburban Wisconsin Communities, Part 1 July 29, 2020Part 1 will take place on Thursday, September 17, 2020, 12:00 – 1:15 p.m. This session outlines the public health aspects of tainted groundwater. The presenters are Sarah Yang, Ph.D., toxicologist with the Bureau of Environmental and Occupational Health, Wisconsin Division of Public Health, and Gavin Dehnert, Ph.D., Policy Postdoctoral Fellow, Wisconsin Wate […]
- Election Inspector Basics Training Webinar July 14, 2020This webinar gives an in-depth overview on how to train election workers in Wisconsin. The requirements to become a poll worker as well as an election inspector are given, followed by the roles and responsibilities of each position. This webinar also goes through what will happen on an actual election day in Wisconsin, including discussions […]