For over 20 years UW-Extension’s Local Government Center
has been helping local government officials build their capacity to govern.
- Election Inspector Basics Training Webinar July 14, 2020This webinar gives an in-depth overview on how to train election workers in Wisconsin. The requirements to become a poll worker as well as an election inspector are given, followed by the roles and responsibilities of each position. This webinar also goes through what will happen on an actual election day in Wisconsin, including discussions […]
- Voter Registration Assistance Webinar July 14, 2020This webinar goes through the basics of registering to vote in Wisconsin, while also addressing challenges and barriers to voting throughout the state. The presenters then move into an in-depth discussion of MyVote.com, Wisconsin’s primary website for voting needs, and clarify what documents are needed to register to vote and what to bring with you […]
- Local Government Programs July-August July 1, 2020Click this link for a listing of Local Government Programming for July-August 2020 Local Government Event Calendar. Be sure to check with event providers to be sure that the event you are interested in attending has not been cancelled or rescheduled.
- 2020 County Official Workshops Update May 18, 2020Due to social distancing requirements, COWs 2020 utilized a webinar format in 2020. For anyone that missed the live webinars, recordings are posted on the Wisconsin Counties Association and Local Government Center websites. The webinars are being offered free of charge. 2020 COWs materials are also available for download. For more information and to regist […]
- Board of Review Training 2020 & COVID-19 Impacts April 30, 2020April 30, 2020 – Board of Review 2020 videos and printed materials are available now . Visit the Local Government Center Board of Review site to order online. If any questions about your order contact the Local Government Center. An updated supplement to the Board of Review printed materials that includes information on COVID -10 impacts and recently […] […]
- UPDATE – Government Meetings During COVID-19 Pandemic April 20, 2020May 18, 2020 – The COVID-19 pandemic and public health measures cause government officials and bodies to consider alternatives to creating a risk of spreading the virus by assembling people to conduct meetings of governmental bodies. Teleconferences and video conferences to conduct meetings is one alternative, yet the public needs adequate access under the r […]
- New Open Meetings Law Public Notice Requirements April 3, 2020Effective March 4, 2020, the Wisconsin Legislature amended the Open Meetings Law to provide that notice of meetings of a governmental body shall be given by one of three specified methods. Posting a notice in at least 3 public places, Posting in a least one public place and placing a notice electronically on the governmental […]
- News and Notices Spring 2020 March 4, 2020Fall Workshop Attendance Breaks Record The Local Government Center ended its 2019 Fall Town and Village Workshops with record-breaking attendance. Nearly 900 participants attended nine workshops across the state of Wisconsin. This would not have been possible without the assistance and collaboration of the Wisconsin Department of Revenue, the UW-Transportati […]
- News and Notices Spring 2019 June 26, 2019News and Notices Spring 2019 We’ve Moved The Local Government Center’s new address is: 702 Langdon Street, Suite 111 Madison, WI 53706 Center email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website and telephone numbers remain the same (see below). Choice of Two for 2019 Board of Review This year’s Board of Review training offers two choices: 1) How to Conduct […]