For over 20 years UW-Extension’s Local Government Center
has been helping local government officials build their capacity to govern.
- Upcoming Local Government Programs December 2019- January 2020 November 26, 2019Click here to open PDF of Upcoming Local Government Programs December 2019-January 2020
- Announcement: Apply to the Wisconsin Local Government Leadership Academy October 29, 2019It’s time to register for the 2020 class of the Wisconsin Local Government Leadership Academy! Town, village, city and county government leaders are encouraged to apply for the 2020 Local Government Leadership Academy. This program helps new officials understand and develop their abilities to fulfill their roles and responsibilities and help officials stay c […]
- Upcoming Local Government Programs October-November 2019 October 4, 2019Click here to open PDF of Upcoming Local Government Programs October-November 2019 revised.
- Upcoming Local Government Programs August-September 2019 August 1, 2019Click here to access the PDF of Upcoming Local Government Programs
- News and Notices Spring 2019 June 26, 2019News and Notices Spring 2019 We’ve Moved The Local Government Center’s new address is: 702 Langdon Street, Suite 111 Madison, WI 53706 Center email: email@example.com Website and telephone numbers remain the same (see below). Choice of Two for 2019 Board of Review This year’s Board of Review training offers two choices: 1) How to Conduct […]
- 2019 Local Government Essentials Distance Education Series April 8, 2019This year’s programs are Alcohol Beverage Regulation and Licensing Part 1 on Monday, April 29, 2019 from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon. Part 1 will cover the basics on issuing and renewing alcohol licenses. Property Tax: The Good the Bad and the Ugly on Thursday, May 2, 2019 from 10:30 am to 12:00 noon. Learn […]
- Board of Review DVDs Now Available April 3, 2019The training DVDs for Board of Review (BOR) certification are now available from the Local Government Center. If you pre-ordered your BOR training DVDs and materials, the orders were sent out by U.S. Postal Service on Monday, April 1. For more information about the training and ordering the DVD, please visit the Board of Review […]
- Considering a Levy Limit Referendum? February 11, 2019Start planning now. Communication is key. For a PDF of this issue brief, click Tips for Levy Limit Referendums by Bradley Hanson, City Administrator/Clerk, City of Mondovi and Yunji Kim, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Planning and Landscape Architecture & Extension Specialist, Local Government Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Extension. […]
- Women and Running for Local Elected Office January 8, 2019Study reveals women don’t run because they don’t think they’re qualified. The record number of women just sworn in to the U.S. House of Representatives gave us images of government made up of lots of women with diverse backgrounds, however the reality in Wisconsin is that women do not run for public office in numbers proportional to the population. […]
- 2019 Local Land Use, Planning and Zoning Teleconference Series November 29, 2018These timely audio programs for Wisconsin local government officials, attorneys, land use planners and interested citizens begin on January 9, 2019. American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) Continuing Maintenance (CM), and Continuing Legal Education (CLE) accreditation applied for. Participation in live program qualifies for credit. Each 90-minute tel […]