For over 20 years UW-Extension’s Local Government Center
has been helping local government officials build their capacity to govern.
- November-December Upcoming Local Government Programs November 6, 2020November- December Upcoming Local Government Programs.
- Register now for the Restorative Justice Summit November 2, 2020Register now for the Restorative Justice Summit. This Summit will take place November 13, December 11, and January 8 from 10am-12pm and feature three keynotes, as well as breakout sessions featuring youth serving organizations throughout the state. Registration is free. Please click the link below to register. https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/teencourthub/just […]
- October-November Upcoming Government Programs September 25, 2020October November Upcoming Local Government Programs PDF October November Upcoming Local Government Programs Word Doc
- 2020 Town Law Conference September 18, 2020The annual Town Law Conference will go ahead as a Zoom distance learning event this year! The conference will be provided in two parts over two successive Fridays. Participants will have the option to attend the live webinar sessions online or via phone. Following the live events, registrants will also have the option of watching […]
- County Board Restructuring Webinar September 16, 2020County Board Restructuring Webinar October 8, 2020 10:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. The 2021 Census and required redistricting provide an ideal opportunity for a County Board to consider whether restructuring their board size and board committees could facilitate governing efficiency and operations. Join us for an interactive webinar that provides information on the l […]
- 2020 Town and Village Workshops September 14, 2020Click here for programs in September and October 2020!
- Previous Local Government Center Programs for Purchase from 2020 August 11, 2020
- Run For It July 31, 2020Thursday, October 1, 2020, from Noon to 1:30 pm Central Daylight Time This interactive, how-to webinar will provide practical strategies for encouraging new candidates to run for office and explain how to support them in their candidacy. Register in advance: https://go.wisc.edu/e3w8ir Download the flyer here
- Adjusting Your Allowable Levy Limit July 29, 2020Wednesday, August 19, 2020, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. During this session, Wisconsin Department of Revenue staff will walk through the available adjustments to your allowable levy limit, including reporting requirements on the Levy Limit Worksheet. We will be focusing on Secs. D and E of the Levy Limit Worksheet. This session will not include exceeding the […] […]
- Clean Groundwater and Well Water in Rural and Suburban Wisconsin Communities, Part 2 July 29, 2020Part 2 will take place on Thursday, September 24, 2020, 12:00 – 1:15 p.m. This program will identify the unique geological features predisposing Wisconsin communities to ground- and well water contamination. It will also describe the voluntary programs that communities and individuals may access through the Division of Extension to identify and mitigate gro […]