For over 20 years UW-Extension’s Local Government Center
has been helping local government officials build their capacity to govern.
- Upcoming Local Government Programs August-September 2019 August 1, 2019Click here to open PDF of Upcoming Local Government Programs August-September 2019 revised.
- Agenda and Minutes for County Board and Committee Meetings July 8, 2019It is important for county officials, the public and the media to easily view agendas and meeting minutes. This webinar will focus on topics such as: where are the sources of procedural rules, who is responsible for setting and posting agendas, what are the public notice requirements, information on closed sessions, what is required to […]
- Upcoming Local Government Programs July-August 2019 July 1, 2019Click here to open PDF of Upcoming Local Government Programs July-August 2019.
- News and Notices Spring 2019 June 26, 2019News and Notices Spring 2019 We’ve Moved The Local Government Center’s new address is: 702 Langdon Street, Suite 111 Madison, WI 53706 Center email: email@example.com Website and telephone numbers remain the same (see below). Choice of Two for 2019 Board of Review This year’s Board of Review training offers two choices: 1) How to Conduct […]
- Upcoming Local Government Programs June-July 2019 May 30, 2019Click here to open PDF of Upcoming Local Government Programs June-July 2019.
- 2019 Local Government Essentials Distance Education Series April 8, 2019This year’s programs are Alcohol Beverage Regulation and Licensing Part 1 on Monday, April 29, 2019 from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon. Part 1 will cover the basics on issuing and renewing alcohol licenses. Property Tax: The Good the Bad and the Ugly on Thursday, May 2, 2019 from 10:30 am to 12:00 noon. Learn […]
- Board of Review DVDs Now Available April 3, 2019The training DVDs for Board of Review (BOR) certification are now available from the Local Government Center. If you pre-ordered your BOR training DVDs and materials, the orders were sent out by U.S. Postal Service on Monday, April 1. For more information about the training and ordering the DVD, please visit the Board of Review […]
- Nine Town Officials Workshops Across the State in May March 29, 2019These in-person workshops for new and continuing town officials include topics like roles and responsibilities, open meetings, town road operations, eithics, and more. For more information, visit our Town Officials Workshop page. For dates, locations, cost and registration form, download the 2019 Town Officials Workshops brochure.
- Considering a Levy Limit Referendum? February 11, 2019Start planning now. Communication is key. For a PDF of this issue brief, click Tips for Levy Limit Referendums by Bradley Hanson, City Administrator/Clerk, City of Mondovi and Yunji Kim, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Planning and Landscape Architecture & Extension Specialist, Local Government Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Extension. […]
- Women and Running for Local Elected Office January 8, 2019Study reveals women don’t run because they don’t think they’re qualified. The record number of women just sworn in to the U.S. House of Representatives gave us images of government made up of lots of women with diverse backgrounds, however the reality in Wisconsin is that women do not run for public office in numbers proportional to the population. […]