Across the state, the nation and the globe, phenomenal efforts are happening to keep people safe during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) epidemic.
Extension Iron County is working remotely to continue serving the youth, families, businesses and organizations of Iron County.
Below is important information about reaching us during this time, and a little bit about how our work is contributing to the safest possible outcome for all.
- Extension Iron County Office Manager, Rebecca Holm can be reached at the office between 8:00-4:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Please call our office before stopping by to be sure that someone is available. All Iron County Extension educators are currently working remotely. If you need to contact one of our educators, please use the alternative numbers and emails listed in our Staff Directory.
- Which Iron County Extension programs are still going, cancelled or postponed?
- The Iron County Mobile Food Pantry is maintaining its usual schedule. See link in the section below for additional food security resources available to Iron County residents.
- The majority of Iron County Extension programs have been postponed, canceled or moved to a virtural format. Stay tuned to our website and Extension Iron County Facebook page for announcements.
- Iron County 4-H is exploring ways to continue club and leaders meetings via Zoom. Visit the Iron County 4-H Facebook page for announcements.
INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES WE’RE WATCHING AND USING:
- UW-Madison Extension Responds to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Home Alone: Preparing Children for Self-Care
- Food Safety in the time of COVID-19
- Financial Resources to Help Get Through COVID-19
- COVID-19 Strategies for Farmers Markets
- COVID-19 Wisconsin Connect is a free app designed for all Wisconsin residents, whether sheltering-in-place, under quarantine, working in essential jobs or soon returning to work as Wisconsin opens. The app includes discussion rooms, prevention techniques, a fact checker and guided meditations, among other resources.
Iron County Resources:
- COVID-19 Pandemic Resources for Iron County Employers and Employees
- Iron County Public Health
- Mercer Public Library COVID-19 Resources
- Iron County Food Security Resources
- FoodWIse Friday Recipes
Iron County Social Media Pages of Interest:
- Iron County Extension Facebook Page
- Iron County Health Department Facebook Page
- Iron County Sheriff’s Department Facebook Page
SOCIAL DISTANCING RESOURCES WE’RE ENJOYING:
- Master Gardeners are invited to check out Level 2 Plants Plus educational trainings to meet their continuing education requirements.
- 4-H youth and volunteers are continuing conversations remotely on Facebook, eager to be prepared for summer programs like the Iron County Fair.
- Follow the Iron County 4-H Facebook page for project ideas and Zoom meeting dates.
GENERAL COVID-19 GUIDANCE:
- Critical resources on COVID-19 response for the nation and the state of Wisconsin can be found at CDC and Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
We will continue posting more information and resources as they become available.
“Hang on to your hat. Hang on to your hope. And wind the clock, for tomorrow is another day.” Author E.B. White, 1973. The Extension Iron County office is using programs like Zoom to keep up communication while working from home.