Across the state, the nation and the globe, phenomenal efforts are happening to keep people safe during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) epidemic.
Extension Iron County continued to work remotely to continue serving the youth, families, businesses and organizations of Iron County during the pandemic. At this time, staff and educators are beginning to transition back to working full time from the office.
Below is important information about reaching us during this time, and a little bit about how our work is contributing to the safest possible outcome for all.
- Our office is open at this time, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, however, please note that hour office hours may change from day to day. Our our educators are transitioning back to the office at this time, which may cause limited office hours. Calling before stopping by is recommended. For additional contact information, please visit our Staff Directory.
- Which Iron County Extension programs are still going, cancelled or postponed?
INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES WE’RE WATCHING AND USING:
- UW-Madison Extension Responds to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Home Alone: Preparing Children for Self-Care
- Food Safety in the time of COVID-19
- Financial Resources to Help Get Through COVID-19
- COVID-19 Strategies for Farmers Markets
- COVID-19 Wisconsin Connect is a free app designed for all Wisconsin residents, whether sheltering-in-place, under quarantine, working in essential jobs or soon returning to work as Wisconsin opens. The app includes discussion rooms, prevention techniques, a fact checker and guided meditations, among other resources.
Iron County Resources:
- COVID-19 Pandemic Resources for Iron County Employers and Employees
- Iron County Public Health
- Mercer Public Library COVID-19 Resources
- Iron County Food Security Resources
- FoodWIse Friday Recipes
Iron County Social Media Pages of Interest:
- Extension Iron County Facebook
- Extension Iron County Instagram
- Iron County Health Department Facebook
- Iron County Sheriff’s Department Facebook
SOCIAL DISTANCING RESOURCES WE’RE ENJOYING:
- Master Gardeners are invited to check out Level 2 Plants Plus educational trainings to meet their continuing education requirements.
- 4-H youth and volunteers have started to meet for in person meetings. We have also been sharing virtual state-wide 4-H educational opportunities that are being offered through Wisconsin 4-H on our Iron County 4-H Facebook page.
GENERAL COVID-19 GUIDANCE:
- Critical resources on COVID-19 response for the nation and the state of Wisconsin can be found at CDC and Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
“Hang on to your hat. Hang on to your hope. And wind the clock, for tomorrow is another day.” Author E.B. White, 1973. The Extension Iron County office continue to use programs like Zoom to keep up communication while working remotely and the office.