Across the state, the nation and the globe, phenomenal efforts are happening to keep people safe during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) epidemic.
Extension Iron County is working remotely to continue serving the youth, families, businesses and organizations of Iron County.
Below is important information about reaching us during this time, and a little bit about how our work is contributing to the safest possible outcome for all.
- All Iron County Extension educators and staff are currently working remotely. The majority of our staff is available via email between 8:00-4:00 pm, Monday-Friday. If you need to call, alternative numbers are listed in our Staff Directory.
- Which Iron County Extension programs are still going, cancelled or postponed?
- The Iron County Mobile Food Pantry is maintaining its usual schedule. The next Mobile Food Pantry will be Monday, April 27 from noon-1 pm at the Iron County Recycling Center.
- The majority of Iron County Extension programs are postponed, including Master Gardeners and Tapping Into Our Maple Identity.
- Iron County 4-H is exploring ways to continue club and leaders meetings via Zoom. Visit the Iron County 4-H Facebook page for announcements.
INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES WE’RE WATCHING AND USING:
- UW-Madison Extension Responds to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Home Alone: Preparing Children for Self-Care
- Food Safety in the time of COVID-19
- Financial Resources to Help Get Through COVID-19
Iron County Resources:
- COVID-19 Pandemic Resources for Iron County Employers and Employees
- Iron County Public Health
- Iron County Sheriff’s Department Facebook Page
- Iron County Health Department Facebook Page
- Mercer Public Library COVID-19 Resources
SOCIAL DISTANCING RESOURCES WE’RE ENJOYING:
- Master Gardeners are invited to check out Level 2 Plants Plus educational trainings to meet their continuing education requirements.
- 4-H youth and volunteers are continuing conversations remotely on Facebook, eager to be prepared for summer programs like the Iron County Fair.
- Follow the Iron County 4-H Facebook page for project ideas and Zoom meeting dates.
GENERAL COVID-19 GUIDANCE:
- Critical resources on COVID-19 response for the nation and the state of Wisconsin can be found at CDC and Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
We will continue posting more information and resources as they become available.
“Hang on to your hat. Hang on to your hope. And wind the clock, for tomorrow is another day.” Author E.B. White, 1973. The Extension Iron County office is using programs like Zoom to keep up communication while working from home.