Home » Iron County Action TrackChair Reservations
Action TrackChair reservations are done on a first come, first served basis. At this time, the chair can be reserved for up to a seven day period (longer if there is no waiting list). The Action TrackChair is available to individuals, businesses, groups and organizations in Iron and Gogebic Counties.
Interested parties must compete the following in order for their reservation request to be approved:
- Complete the IRON COUNTY ACTION TRACKCHAIR RESERVATION FORM. One of our staff members will call to confirm your reservation and will provide further instructions.
- If you have any issues completing this form, you can call 715-561-2695 and one of our staff will walk you through it.
- Please note that it may take 1-2 business days for one of our staff members to get back to you.
- The Action TrackChair is FREE to use, but a weekly $50 deposit is required (any reservations over 7 days must include an additional $50 deposit per week). Upon return and inspection, the deposit can either be donated toward maintenance or returned to the user.
After our staff members review your Iron County Action TrackChair Reservation form, we will contact you to confirm your reservation. You will also be asked to submit the following prior to checking out the chair:
- A completed Use Agreement, Waiver and Release of Liability Form.
- $50 deposit (any reservations over 7 days must include an additional $50 deposit per week). Please make checks payable to: Extension Iron County.
- A copy of a valid drivers license.
- A copy of valid vehicle insurance belonging to the person towing the wheelchair.
Please note that anyone reserving the chair will be responsible for transporting the Action TrackChair and must complete an Action TrackChair Condition Report upon check out and check in.
Towing Requirements: The Action TrackChair weighs 350 lbs. and is loaded on a trailer weighing approximately 800 lbs. that uses a 2” ball. Please make sure you will have access to a vehicle with the capacity to tow equipment over 1150 lbs. when you make the reservation.
We suggest you use a midsize SUV, a van, or a truck to ensure the appropriate clearance and safety. We have a right to refuse check out for any safety reason.
Lights – a flat 4-pin tail light connector is required for trailer light hookup. Blinkers and brakes must work prior to leaving with the trailer.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the Extension Iron County office at 715-561-2695. If you would like to check out our current availability, see calendar below.